The discovery of new knowledge to improve patient care and to prevent cardiovascular disease is the motivating force behind everything at Texas Heart Institute. Physicians and scientists at THI work tirelessly to unfold the mysteries of nature and disease, to understand the mechanisms at work, and to envision solutions that will ultimately lead to effective treatments. Major areas of research include:
- Global Leadership in Adult Stem Cell Research
- Unrivaled Experience with Mechanical Assist Devices
- Understanding the Biomolecular Mechanisms for Cardiovascular Disease
- Electrophysiology—The Power Grid of the Heart
- Leading Regenerative Medicine Research
- Breaking Down Gender Gaps in Cardiovascular Medicine
We will learn as much about heart disease in the next 10 years as we did in the last 100. Through gifts to the Research Fund, donors will provide the stability that will make a substantial impact on cardiovascular diseases now and in the future.