A SYMPOSIUM FOR ALL PROFESSIONALS CARING FOR WOMEN TODAY
Course Director: Stephanie Coulter, MD
Credits Offered: 8.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Cite the identification of cardiac risk factors in women.
- Review and clarify current guidelines for prevention, treatment and diagnosis of heart disease and stroke in women.
- Discuss and clarify cardiovascular risk stratification of female patients, which will be used to guide preventative treatment strategies.
- Discuss and implement current and new diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Develop reliable diagnostic techniques that provide guidance to physicians in developing treatment.
- Discuss challenges of healthcare related to cardiovascular treatment and research in women.
- Review treatment and health promotion activities that typically require action from multiple parties, including clinicians, the broader healthcare team, and the system in which health care is delivered, as well as patients.
The goal of this symposium is to educate the physicians caring for women today including; cardiologists, obstetricians/gynecologists, internal medicine, family practice, endocrinologists, and nurse practitioners about prevention, early diagnosis and treatment strategies for heart disease in women.