Keri Sprung is the Vice President for Communications and Education, and the Program Manager of the Women’s Center at The Texas Heart Institute. She provides strategic direction to the physician and scientist members leading innovative research, education, and clinical programs at the Institute in partnership with regional, national, and international collaborators. Show full bio
As a liaison within and outside of THI, Sprung brings more than 25 years of experience to her roles. Specifically, she offers guidance as it relates to strategic partnerships and also coordinates and implements internal and external communications, strategic marketing, and brand strategies. Sprung cultivates resources that advance the priorities of the Institute and its many partners across the globe. She additionally administers strategic direction to Texas Heart Institute’s operations teams that bolster infrastructure and augments digital platform integration initiatives.
After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin’s College of Natural Sciences, Sprung spent years working for Pfizer across several different Texas Medical Center healthcare entities. She subsequently served as Vice President of Marketing for an Austin-based biotech firm and later co-founded two medical device companies that provide surgical services to hospital systems across the southwest region. Following these endeavors, Sprung acted as a strategic advisor to the Genetics Policy Institute, and as Vice-Chair of Texans for Stem Cell Research (now Texans for Cures).
Since joining the Texas Heart Institute in 2011, Sprung has developed community and industry relationships as well as new partnerships and programs, including collaborations with UT Health Science Center, Baylor College of Medicine, WomenHeart National Hospital Alliance, Alliance for Regenerative Medicine, ExxonMobil, FitHouston, American Heart Association, Rice University Baker Institute, Alpha Phi Foundation, Center for Houston’s Future, Elnita McClain Women’s Center, LHI Houston, BakerRipley, Breakthrough Houston, Girl Scouts, Emerge Scholars and Houston ISD.
Keri earned her Executive Masters in Business Administration at Rice University’s Jones School of Business in 2022. During her studies, she served as the class representative, co-chair of the Jones School Association for Executives, and a Rice Business Board Fellow for Children At Risk, a non-profit that serves as a catalyst for change to improve the quality of life for children through strategic research, public policy analysis, education, collaboration, and advocacy. At the 2022 graduation, she was honored with the M.A. “Mike” Wright Award, the top leadership award. Keri serves on several boards, including the Rice Alumni Association Board, the Emanuel Sisterhood Board of Trustees, and Fit Houston’s Executive Advisory Board.
Texas Heart Institute Positions
- Vice President for Communications & Education, Administration
- Program Manager, Center for Women's Heart & Vascular Health
- Women's Research & Training Program
- Houston HeartReach Registry
- FitHouston, Executive Advisor
- TexasHeart.org Global Outreach
- The Heart Beat
- Innovative Technologies & Techniques Series
- Texas Heart Institute App
- Planning Committee, Annual Women's Heart & Vascular Symposium
- Speaker Bureau & Ambassador Programs
- Project Heart Merit Badge Program
The University of Texas at Austin
Executive MBA, Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business (2022)
- Rice University, Center for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership, Nonprofit Finance Certificate
Honors, Awards and Memberships
- Rice Business Alumni Association Board
- Fit Houston Executive Advisory Board
- Sisterhood Board of Trustees
- M.A. Mike Wright Award, Rice University Jones Graduate School of Business
- The Best & Brightest Executive MBAs of 2022, Poets&Quants for Execs
- Co-Chair, Jones Student Association for Executives (JSAE)
- Class Representative, Rice University Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2022
- Rice Business Board Fellow 2020-2021
- TMC Communication and External Affairs Council
- Impact100 Houston Founding Member 2021
- Advisory Board, Texans for Cures
- Member, International Society of Endovascular Specialists
- World Stem Cell Summit Planning Committee, 2014
- Vice Chair, Texans for Stem Cell Research (2010-2011)
- Preceptor of the Year Award Recipient, Texas Southern University Health Administration Practice Experience (2017-2018)
- Mentor, Breakthrough Houston 2012-2019
Why WALK30: Message from City of Sugarland Mayor Joe Zimmerman
City of Sugarland Mayor Joe Zimmerman supports The Texas Heart Institute and Fit Houston #WALK30 movement to encourage walking 30...
Kinder Institute’s Houston Area Survey Explores Physical Activity
The Kinder Institute held its annual luncheon on Monday, May 15. As one of Rice University’s most anticipated events of...
Fit Houston Fest at Blackshear Elementary Hits the Mark
The Texas Heart Institute joined Fit Houston for Fit Families at Blackshear Elementary on April 29th. Blackshear Elementary students, parents,...