Search our website Find job opportunies at THI and St. Luke's Find a doctor location and contact information
Heart Information Center
Ask a Heart Doctor
  Back to previous page


Help us improve this service.

Your feedback will help guide us in developing this site.

Ask a Texas Heart Institute Doctor 
Informed patients make better patients.


What is the best way to treat my CHF and left ventricular prolapse?

Best way to mend my CHF (congestive heart failure) with left ventricular prolapse? (from 4.5 cm to 6.5 cm now.) I was diagnosed at age 32, now I am 38. Under meds of following Zarnat 100mg, Amvalat 10mg, Carvibloc 35mg, Corplet75mg, Solotrate 60mg. Help. Willing to undergo as a lab rat. Please, for my nieces and nephews. 

submitted by Alex from Philippines on 2/23/2014


by Texas Heart Institute cardiologist, Reynolds Delgado, MD    

Reynolds M. Delgado III, MDThis is a condition which is likely to be manageable sucessfuly with simple medicines only. It is not likely to be passed on to relatives. Simply take the medications, avoid high blood pressure, maintain ideal body weight and it should be ok.    

See also on this site:  

Has your question or a similar one already been answered?

Search all the Heart Doctor questions and answers.

To search for a doctor or access St. Luke's physician referral service, use the "Find a Doctor" link at the top of this page.

Updated March 2014
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to us on YouTube Find Us on Flicikr Follow Us on Pinterest Add us on Google+ Find us on LinkedIn 

Please contact our Webmaster with questions or comments.
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
© Copyright Texas Heart Institute
All rights reserved.