Dr. Krajcer is a member of Texas Heart Institute’s Professional Staff Leadership team and serves as the Director or Peripheral Vascular Diseases. He is an active member of the Texas Heart Institute Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center teaching staff, training our next generation of physician scientist and interventional cardiologists. His leadership and commitment to important international research and education collaborations is impacting the care of patients suffering from vascular diseases worldwide. Show full bio
Dr. Krajcer is an internationally recognized pioneer in his field and is the immediate past President of the International Society for Endovascular Specialists dedicated to the advancement of vascular and endovascular therapies.
Since 1996, Dr. Krajcer has participated as a co-investigator and principal investigator in many clinical trials for treatment of peripheral arterial disease, abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis including: Corvita AAA trial, Hemobahn Trial, AneuRx AAA Trial, AneuRx Thoracic trial, Wallgraft Trial, Carotid Wallstent Trial, Sapphire Carotid Stent Trial, BEECH Carotid Trial, Sapphire World Registry Trial, Archer Carotid Stent Trial, Choice Carotid stent Trial, Capture I & II Carotid Stent Trials, Endologix EVAR Trials, Valor I and Valor II Trial, Captivia Thoracic Trial, Captivia Acute Dissection Trial, and Excluder Original Design vs. Low Permeability Design study.
Texas Heart Institute Positions
- Director, Peripheral Vascular Disease, THI Leadership
- Teaching Staff, Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
- Editorial Board, Texas Heart Institute Journal
University of Zagreb, Socialist Federal Republic of Yougoslavia, Socialist Republic of Croatia
Lutheran Hospital of Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
Mercy Hospital and Medical Center
Passavant Hospital, Wesly Memorial and Lakeside VA Hospital) (Cardiology)
Texas Heart Institiute / Baylor College of Medicine/ St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital (Interventional Cardiology)
Academic & Clinical Affiliations
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Leachman Cardiology Associates, P.A.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology
Honors, Awards and Memberships
- President, International Society of Endovascular Specialists (2017-2019)
- Founding Member, Texas Heart Institute Cardiac Society
- Pioneered a technique of non-surgical repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) with stent grafts
- Texas Super Doctor by Texas Monthly Magazine
- Texas Heart Institute Professional Staff
Innovative Technologies & Techniques | Artificial Intelligence in Cardiovascular Medicine: Current Status and What Does the Future Hold?
In Episode 23 of the Texas Heart Institute (THI) Education Series, Innovative Technologies & Techniques, Dr. Zvonimir Krajcer, Billy Cohn, MD, and...
Innovative Technologies & Techniques | Ventricular Assist Devices: Current Status & Future Directions
In Episode 22 of the Texas Heart Institute (THI) Education Series, Innovative Technologies & Techniques, Dr. Zvonimir Krajcer, Billy Cohn, MD, and...
Dr. Zvonimir Krajcer’s leadership and commitment to outstanding international research and education collaborations has impacted the care of patients suffering...