Dr. Sam Sheath is a graduate of the Texas Heart Institute General and Interventional Cardiology Fellowship programs. His interests include peripheral and structural interventions, and general and interventional cardiology with a focus on acute coronary syndromes and cardiogenic shock. Show full bio
Dr. Sheth was born in Virginia and grew up in Wilmington, North Carolina. He obtained a Bachelors of Public Health with Highest Honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he also attended medical school and completed a year of research on thrombosis as a Howard Holderness Scholar. Dr. Sheath also attended many college basketball games while attending UNC Chapel Hill and remains a loyal fan.
Dr. Sheth then attended the University of Michigan Ann Arbor for his Internal Medicine residency where he was voted Intern of the Year and awarded an extra year as a Chief Resident and Junior Faculty member at the Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Hospital. While enjoying Michigan Football was an excellent experience, Dr. Sheth and his wife decided that snow was not for them and moved to Houston, Texas to continue studies at the Texas Heart Institite.
Dr. Sheath completed both his general and interventional cardiology fellowships at the Texas Heart Institute (THI) and Baylor College of Medicine (BCM). He again was awarded the honor of Chief Cardiology Fellow during his general fellowship and then selected as the Chief Interventional Cardiology Fellow during his interventional year.
At the end of his training he was invited to join a private practice group located at Texas Heart in order to continue the Texas Heart traditions of excellence in cardiovascular care and excellence in cardiovascular education.
He lives here in Houston with his wife and two young children. In his free time he enjoys visiting the various different restaurants in the area, traveling with his family, and supporting the local professional sports teams, as well as Tarheel Sports!
Texas Heart Institute Positions
- Teaching Staff, Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
- Teaching Staff, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Public Health)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
University of Michigan Ann Arbor (Internal Medicine)
Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Hospital
Texas Heart Institute /BSLMC (Cardiology)
Texas Heart Institute /BSLMC (Interventional Cardiology)
Academic & Clinical Affiliations
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Texas Heart & Vascular Specialists, PA
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease
- National Board of Echocardiography
Honors, Awards and Memberships
- Chief Interventional Cardiology Fellow, THI (2016-2017
- Chief Fellow, Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship, THI (2015-2016)
- Chief Resident and Junior Faculty, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Hospital ( 2012-2013)
- Intern of the Year, University of Michigan Ann Arbor (2009)
- Howard Holderness Scholar (2008)
- THI Cardiac Society