Dr. George Younis was born and raised in Houston. After completing undergraduate education at Brown University, he attended The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Tufts-New England Medical Center in Boston and served an additional year as Chief Resident. He then returned home to Houston for training in cardiology at Baylor/St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, where he subsequently trained for an additional year for further specialization in Interventional Cardiology. Show full bio
Dr. Younis is the Associate Program Director of The Texas Heart Institute Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center.
Texas Heart Institute Positions
- Associate Program Director, Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
- Teaching Staff, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
- Editorial Consultant, The Texas Heart Institute Journal
- Interventional Cardiology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Heart Institute
Academic & Clinical Affiliations
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Younis Cardiology Associates
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Honors, Awards and Memberships
- The Texas Heart Institute Professional Staff
- Texas Super Doctor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Houstonia Magazine Top Doctor
- American College of Cardiology
- Cardiac Society, Texas Heart Institute
- Robert Hall Teaching Award (2015)
Professional Staff of The Texas Heart Institute Named Super Doctors® in Texas Monthly
Texas Monthly’s annual Super Doctors® list is out on the newsstands this month and honors professionals who have been recognized...
The Texas Heart Institute Welcomes Six Talented Doctors
Houston, November 30, 2022 – Over the past six decades, The Texas Heart Institute’s cardiology fellowship program at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center has been...
Texas Heart Institute Journal: Volume 49, Issue 5
IMAGES IN CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation for Severe Aortic Stenosis and Large Membranous Interventricular Septal Aneurysm Maheedhar Gedela,...