Due to his HCM, my son can no longer play sports.  How can I help him cope?

He was an athlete and can no longer play sports. Please help me with options on what I can do. Thanks.

Submitted by Leah from Austin, Texas on 04/28/2014

by Paolo Angelini, MD

The proper advice can only be given after in depth evaluation. The patient needs to be seen and tested by an expert cardiologist in the field of cardiomyopathies.