THI Journal Special Section
The Women’s Heart & Vascular Symposium is hosted annually by Texas Heart Institute Center for Women’s Heart & Vascular Health and is published as a Special Section in the Texas Heart Institute Journal as enduring education.
Gaps in prevention and diagnosis of cardiovascular disease in women are increasingly recognized and practitioners taking care of women today must keep up with emerging research and changing guidelines. Recognizing unique symptoms, performing effective diagnostic testing, ensuring timely treatment, modifying patients’ lifestyle behaviors, and recognizing that some diseases impact women disproportionately and progress differently in women than in men are just a few of the challenges.
The Special Section features relevant women focused research and offers current insights for all medical professionals caring for women today.
Visit Women’s Center Symposium Video Archives
Current Online CME
Available for CME Credit through August 1, 2020
- What Do the Guidelines Really Say About Aspirin?
- Genetic Testing in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Nonatherosclerotic Vascular Disease in Women
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: What Really Matters for Women?
- Lipid-Lowering Therapies: Risks in Women and Evidence-Based Options
- Sex-Related Differences in Outcomes of Thoracic Organ Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Carotid Artery Stenosis in Women
★ Download CME Instructions and Assessment Questions