Andrew B. Civitello, MDClinical Assistant Professor, Medicine-Cardiology,
Medical Director, Heart Transplant Program
Texas Heart Institute and St. Luke’s Episcopal
Baylor College of Medicine,
Dr. Andrew B. Civitello, MD, board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology, has practiced cardiology in the Houston area for many years. A native Houstonian, Dr. Civitello began his pursuit of becoming a cardiologist when he received his medical degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston.
Next, he completed a residency program in Internal Medicine at UTHSC System hospitals such as Hermann and LBJ Hospital. Dr. Civitello continued his training with fellowships in Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology at the world-renowned Texas Heart Institute.
Dr. Civitello specializes in interventional cardiology and peripheral vascular procedures, with advanced training in heart failure management and heart transplantation, general and interventional cardiology, including cardiac catheterization, CT angiography, nuclear cardiology, and advanced training in peripheral artery interventions. He is also a Clinical Assistant Instructor at Baylor College of Medicine.
LICENSURE AND BOARD CERTIFICATION:
- Texas Medical License K4661, 1998 - Present
- Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, August 1999
- Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, November 2002
- Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, November 2003
- Radioactive Material License, Texas L05775, Diagnostic Nuclear Cardiology
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- American College of Cardiology
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Texas Heart Institute Cardiac Society
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Association
- Keck Center for Computational Biology
- Human Genome Organization
CONTACT DR. Civitello
HEART FAILURE PROGRAM 832-355-3961
Located at the Heart and Lung Treatment and Transplant Center
St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital
LVAD PROGRAM 832-355-2285, toll free at 877-685-0361
HEART TRANSPLANT PROGRAM 832-355-2285, International: 832-355-3350
PATIENT RESOURCES AT ST. LUKE'S
Admissions, insurance information, directions, billing questions, and other pateint services.
HEART AND CARDIOVASCULAR PATIENT CARE SERVICES
FIND A DOCTOR or call 832-355-DOCS (3627)
EMERGENCY ROOM LOCATOR
If you are experiencing chest pain or what feels like a life threatening emergency, call 911 now.
INTERNATIONAL PATIENT CENTER
Everything from travel assistance to comprehensive patient care. Phone 832-355-3350, Fax 832-355-3002, e-mail.
EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES at our Heart Information Center. Ask a Texas Heart Institute Doctor and more than 170 heart-health topics.