Search our website Find job opportunies at THI and St. Luke's Find a doctor location and contact information
Heart Information Center
Ask a Heart Doctor
  Back to previous page


Help us improve this service.

Your feedback will help guide us in developing this site.

Ask a Texas Heart Institute Doctor 
Informed patients make better patients.


Due to his HCM, my son can no longer play sports.  How can I help him cope?

Do you have any suggestions on how I can help my son cope with HCM? He was an athlete and can no longer play sports. Please help me with options on what I can do. Thanks.

submitted by Leah from Austin, Texas on 4/28/2014


Dr. Paolo Angeliniby Texas Heart Institute cardiologist, Paolo Angelini, MD    

The proper advice can only be given after in depth evaluation.  The patient needs to be seen and tested by an expert cardiologist in the field of cardiomyopathies.

See also on this site:  

Has your question or a similar one already been answered?
Search all the Heart Doctor questions and answers.

To search for a doctor or access St. Luke's physician referral service, use the "Find a Doctor" link at the top of this page.

Updated May 2014
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to us on YouTube Find Us on Flicikr Follow Us on Pinterest Add us on Google+ Find us on LinkedIn 

Please contact our Webmaster with questions or comments.
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
© Copyright Texas Heart Institute
All rights reserved.