Search our website Find job opportunies at THI and St. Luke's Find a doctor location and contact information
Heart Information Center
Ask a Heart Doctor
  Back to previous page


Help us improve this service.

Your feedback will help guide us in developing this site.

Ask a Texas Heart Institute Doctor 
Informed patients make better patients.


Which is the best hypertensive drug for a type 2 diabetic woman? 

submitted by Sunil from India on 11/29/2013


by Texas Heart Institute cardiologist, Patrick J. Cook, MD    

Patrick J. Cook, MDIn most hypertensive type 2 diabetics, ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL, I'd initiate therapy with an ACE inhibitor or angiotensin receptor blocker.

See also on this site:  

Has your question or a similar one already been answered?

Search all the Heart Doctor questions and answers.

To search for a doctor or access St. Luke's physician referral service, use the "Find a Doctor" link at the top of this page.

Updated December 2013
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to us on YouTube Find Us on Flicikr Follow Us on Pinterest Add us on Google+ Find us on LinkedIn 

Please contact our Webmaster with questions or comments.
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
© Copyright Texas Heart Institute
All rights reserved.