It is not necessary to log in to view any of the course materials on this website. Please explore and view all course materials freely.
Viewers seeking CME credit must successfully complete the course assessment. You will then have the opportunity to log in, complete an evalutation, and obtain credit. First-time visitors receive a unique THI CME ID along with your certificate. Use the same ID every time you complete an assessment and log in for credit, or when you search your transcript.
In summary, the CME process is:
- 1. Read CME information.
- 2. View course materials.
- 3. Complete assessment.
- 4. Obtain CME credit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do on this CME website?
- Freely view all course materials (click on Explore CME Courses or use the Browse by box).
- Take an online course for credit (courses marked with the red star).
- Search your Texas Heart Institute CME transcript (search transcript login).
- Learn about and register for upcoming live (face to face) events.
- Get the forms and instructions you need to be a program director, speaker, or commercial supporter (see navigation on left).
- View schedules for THI Regularly Scheduled Conferences and Cardiology Grand Rounds (View buttons on right).
- Find out what's available on the full THI website (see Resources for Physicians navigation on left).
What material is appropriate for me?
- CME material on the site is primarily intended for physicians in cardiovascular medicine (see Mission). Many of the courses are appropriate for a wider audience.
- Each course describes the target audience but feel free to view a selected presentation to decide for yourself.
How do I take a course for credit?
- Use Explore or Browse to see the list, then choose one of the red-star marked offerings—a course from the grand rounds, electrophysiology, or other category, or an archived symposium (multiple presentations).
- Follow these simple steps: review the CME information, view the complete presentation(s), complete the assessment, click continue to log in, complete the evaluation, and receive a CME certificate and unique THI CME ID to save or print.
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ are only granted to physicians. Attendance credit is granted to non-physicians.
When do I login for CME credit?
- Visitors view all course materials without logging in.
- Those seeking CME credit are presented the opportunity to log in only when they successfully complete a course assessment.
- At log in, visitors create an account and receive their THI CME ID along with their certificate the first time they complete a course for credit on this site.
- Visitors who have previously received credit at THI for an online course or who have already been assigned a THI CME ID use the same ID each time they take a course for credit.
How do I keep track of the THI CME courses I've taken?
- Use My CME (Search Transcript) Log in to check your transcript using your THI CME ID.
Do I have to take a course for credit?
- No, all the online material is available for you to review at any time. Only if you want CME credit do you have to complete the assessment, log in, and evaluation process.
How do I get help if I have questions or technical difficulties?
Office of Continuing Medical Education
Return to top.